4.22.2010

Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

 I got this sample from accumulating points through Sephora Beauty Insider. I never really care much about samples but this is a Laura Mercier product! LOL. Retail : $30 - full size. This is the product info:

Foundation Primer - Oil Free
This lightweight, water-based primer creates a smooth, invisible layer that acts as a buffer between the skin and makeup. Specialized for oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin types, its high water content soothes surface dehydration around active blemishes. 

My Conclusion: I have used Tinted Moisturizer from this line before. Retail $42 - too sheer, not my thing. Besides it gave tiny bumps on my skin. Guess i am allergic to some ingredients in it. So I returned the product. I also had tried the Secret Camouflage concealer and it seemed to work. I was actually skeptical at first as i never really liked any primer. I tried Smashbox, and MAC, and some other unknown brands and i thought I'd be better off.  They are silicone based and my skin reacted to it - i got ZITS! However, this one doesn't even give me 1 tiny zit and I have been using it for 3 days. YES!! My fear of wearing a primer is over. I'd definitely buy a full size product once i am done with this sample. Oh yeah, it does provide a nice canvas before i apply Bare Minerals =)

 

4 comments:

Kristie said...

yay!! I absolutely LOVE this primer and like you, I'm scared of silicone too. Super glad this works for you.

MsRinz said...

what other primer do you use? if u dont mind me asking?

Kristie said...

I actually used the Smashbox primer before but it has too much silicone so broke me out =(

Sabina said...

I also have this primer and I really like it. But I have oily skin and I find it makes me a bit too shiny -.-

LinkWithin4

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...