4.16.2010

Organic Matters!

I have becoming so conscious lately with what I use on my face and my body. I have a super sensitive acne prone skin, and yes oily skin sucks but, it does prevent your skin from aging too fast ;) . Last year my hormone went super crazy on me. I was constantly breaking out which became a huge issue so I did acutane for 6 months and my skin cleared up for most part!! I don’t want to continue taking acutane due to side effects, so maintaining my skin after acutane with topical RX is important. In my opinion, the most important thing is to use natural products that don’t cause breakouts of any kind. That seems to work so far. It sucks because I like using variety of stuff, but most products out there are filled with pore clogging ingredients and for that reason alone, I tend to be more careful now with what I use on my face. I have MAC, Chanel, Cinema Secrets, Nars and Revlon ColorStay foundations that I use occasionally, and/ or during the weekends. It’s quite heavy on my skin but of course the coverage is superb and it last all day =) That’s all I need LOL, for clubs and events. However, for everyday use, I prefer MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation and Bare Escentuals/Minerals. Unfortunately, Studio Fix tends to cause mild zits that I dont really care much because the coverage is phenomenal! I just have to remember to take it off later at night when I get home and wash my face with tons of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to prevent zits from forming. Bare Minerals that I have is way too dark on my skin. I use Medium Tan but the color seems muddy and it makes me look like I have way too much bronzer on my face, and I hate looking “dirty”! The Golden Medium that they have is slightly lighter than my skin color. =/ Since I don’t wanna buy both colors and mix it, I decided to buy Origins Mineral Powder to replace the Bare.

My Conclusion: It turns out great. =) At least I don’t have to do the 2 steps routine like the Bare Minerals: The Foundation and the Mineral Veil, ah way too much! I am into cutting “the steps” now days so one swipe/buff is all I need. So, it’s a Plus! It is sheer to medium coverage, all depending on how much you apply. I don’t like wearing heavy makeup at work so sheer to medium is good enough for me. You can go heavy if you layer it 3-4 times. =) Got blemishes? Just dab a creamy concealer prior to mineral makeup. The best part, it does give a nice subtle glow (I am not too crazy about shimmery and sheen). However, the only problem is the color range. Available Shades are: Light, medium, Medium-Deep and Deep, and I use Deep for my MAC NC42 skin.

Here is the info:

Multi-Grain™ Makeup Fortified with Oats, Vitamins & Minerals SPF 14

√ 91% agreed skin looked naturally radiant

√ 78% saw an improvement in their skin

Start skin’s day with the wholesome goodness of nutritious, organic Oatmeal (nature’s famed skin soother); Soy (a source of radiance); Tapioca and Rice Flour (to smooth and refine); plus Barley, Wheat Germ, Pomegranate, Goji Berry, Vitamins C and E and all-natural sunscreens (to fight skin-aging). The soft, finely-milled grains build and blend easily from sheer to full coverage. Won’t clog pores, cake or dry-out. Skin glows with good health.

No comments:

LinkWithin4

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...