1.31.2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 04 : My favorite foundation(s)

Hello Lovelies!

I am on my fourth challenge! YAY! Well, I just wanna share about these 2 favorite stuff! I love MAC foundations : Studio Fix Fluid and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. These two items have been great so far. My skin is sensitive, acne prone and will react if I use a wrong product. So far, these two have not yet caused any zits (knock on wood!) and provide a nice coverage that I want. I had been on acutane due to skin problem (stress can really kill my skin!) and I am staying away from using a thick foundation for more than 8 hours. I normally wash my face everytime I get home from work, just so my face is clean and those pores can breath again. I don't go to bed with my makeup on. To be honest, I did before in the past just because I was darn lazy and it contributed to skin problems. So I learned my lesson.

Well, Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 does provide a medium to full coverage with a minimum sun protection. One thing though, if I wear this foundation and take a picture, I will look like a ghost! Of course it happens because of the SPF ingredients, which is a minus in my book since if I want a sun protection, I can just wear an SPF lotion underneath my foundation or even a primer with an SPF! So, if there's an event, or a party, I have to reach for my other foundation that has no SPF in it. Bummer. Because the foundation coverage is really nice.

Mineralized Skinfinish Natural is mainly for touch-up, or as a setting powder. It also is my go-to foundation if I feel lazy to wear anything. :)

So there, my 2 must have foundations!


MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
 XOXO,


♥♥ Rinz

17 comments:

Toni Tralala said...

You and your MAC, Rinz! I prefer powder over cream though. The Clinique one is pretty good for something so affordable.

sugar sugar said...

I also like MAC foundies dear. :D

Roshni said...

i've also got sensitive, acne prone skin and mac studio fix fluid broke it out like crazy! I had cysts on my face for months :( I love Mac studio fix powder foundation in c4 - it matches my skin perfectly :) xxx

Courtney Erin said...

I don't usually wear foundation but I've always wanted to try the MAC one for the odd time that I do.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

I really want this one!! Now a days I'm using Revlon colorstay and loving it:)

Kat said...

nice post!!

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

indianmakeupways said...

i hsve started to use the msf natural and i love the flawless finish that it gives.

Kristie said...

I really want MAC foundations to work but they all make me break out. Glad they both work well for you!

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Great review,thanks! I haven't tried these two yet but will look into them. XOXO

Barbie said...

Good post!

For some reason, MAC foundation-y products break me out. Not their blushes though (powders or cream). Hmmm!


www.beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I always read so many rave reviews on MAC foundations, but I've never actually tried them before. I'm leaning more towards a liquid formula if I do give it a try though, because my skin tends to get very dry from powder foundations :)

MsRinz said...

toni - yeah lol because I am like scared to try other foundation that always doesnt match my skintone! But i will soon try Nars!

Roshas - Does Studio Fix Powder cause any zits on your skin? I have it but I am not a big fan of it =/

Courtney Erin: i got some zits to cover!! LOL :) u dont need one because your skin is flawless!

MsRinz said...

Rakshanda - i also have colorstay but that thing can be evil to me sometimes ha ha ha - it stucks on my skin forever and it's very hard to remove. I usually wear it when i go clubbing. :) it STAYS on!

Indianmakeupways: yup agree it does give flawless finish with some sheen. :)

Kristie : What do you use? I am open to new brands. I can get tired of the same one.

MsRinz said...

Barbie : what do you use?

Roshni said...

@Rinz - it doesn't - which is very surprising as I have extremely sensitive skin. How comes u dont like it? x

DoodleDollyx said...

I am loving the Studio fix foundation as well, as my face gets really oily and I always hated that! And yes I also love mineralize natural! im on my way to purchase the third one! lol! ;) xx

Elise said...

I've never been able to get studio fix fluid to work for me :( It just feels way to thick on my dry skin. You're right though...great coverage!
x

LinkWithin4

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...